Saturday, February 11, 2012

Kicking and screaming

I came here, to South Korea, kicking and screaming. Outwardly, I had plastered on a happy face. I did not want the world to know how I truly felt. The cat is out of the bag...I did not want to move to Korea. (Who am I kidding, I did not want to move from the life we had begun to build in Utah.)

We have survived nearly six months, and I still feel as if given the opportunity I would run. I try. I try hard to put a positive spin on my life. Daily I tell myself this is a rare opportunity, I tell myself two years is a mere drop in the bucket, I tell myself at least we are together as a family. Truth is, I am running out of lies to tell myself.

Korea is a beautiful country. Her people are kind. Her history is rich. I just have not come up with a way to thoroughly enjoy her as I should. This is why when you find yourself here at this blog, it has thus been empty. I wanted to paint you a lovely portrait of a beautiful country, but I have yet to find my muse.

In the coming weeks, I will begin to post about our time here thus far. I will find the courage to tell you how it is--the good AND the bad.

Until then....peace out.

1 comment:

  1. .....and so I find your blog;) Don't worry Lynn, you are not alone. Korea is just a HARD adjustment to make. I remember my first year here. Sure, it had it's good moments, but taken as a whole, it kind of sucked. Hang in there - Spring is a great time here!:)

    ReplyDelete